Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Sound of Wings


My dear husband likes routines, and thinks long and hard before altering any of the usual patterns in his day to day life. Change doesn't come easily for him. I know this and am quite comfortable with it, and try not to surprise him too often with spontaneous suggestions.

That's why I couldn't believe my ears when Ron told me one Friday evening recently that he had decided to switch our regular date from Sunday to Saturday. (I don't recall seeing any pigs fluttering past our window.) Sunday had been our special time, reserved for intimacy of some sort, for more years than I can remember. What had prompted this change?

I asked him, and he reminded me that Sundays didn't seem to be working out too well lately. That was true. What with special activities related to the holiday season, our seasonal colds and flu, and too much snow shoveling, we had often had to reschedule or even cancel our regular play. Then of course there's Sunday football, and I had always wondered why Ron was so willing to interrupt his enjoyment of the game for a totally different but equally (I hope) enjoyable activity.

So there you have it. Saturday it is, and so far it seems to be working out quite well. For some reason we both aren't as tired on that day as we usually are by Sunday afternoon, so we have plenty of energy for spanking and whatever else Ron has in mind. He can enjoy football the next day without watching the clock, and I have a comfortable, peaceful feeling that a spanking always produces, that lasts through the remainder of the weekend. As much as I enjoy being spanked, there is always a certain amount of apprehension and anxiety that occurs as the time draws closer, and with that feeling out of the way sooner, I can enjoy the afterglow (or afterburn) the following day, while I'm doing pleasant things at home, instead of forgetting the pleasure in the busyness of a new week at work.

This was definitely a change for the better. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go get ready.


From Hermione's Heart

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so glad it was a change for the better! Have lots of fun on your new spanking day :)

Hugs,
Maggie

ronnie said...

Hermione, glad to hear it was a change for the better. It could also be good because it leaves another day should Ron feel you need a further spanking :)

Love.
Ronnie
xx

greengirl said...

Doesn't it feel like the earth moving under your feet when the ones who never want change, suggest the change? Glad it worked so well.

turiya said...

Hehe... we recently switched from Sunday to Saturday also. Saturday is a much better night for play... especially since we don't have to worry about getting up early the next morning.

spirited

Terpsichore said...

changes can be difficult...glad this was a change for the better...enjoy! :-)

Hermione said...

Maggie - I assure you, fun was on the agenda.

Ronnie - There's always that possibility.

Greengirl - Yes, it's a very strange feeling. But a good one.

Spirited One - We have something else in common with you, then.

Terpsichore - It's good to hear from you. Yes, change can be difficult, even when the end result is positive.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

A change for the better for certain. Imagine having to wait after all there Sunday NFL games are finished. By Sunday night, the passion wanes, whereas Saturday is a great day to have fun, even if the football season is now officially over.

Hermione said...

Red - Yes, football season is finally over - thank goodness, and the right team won the Superbowl.

Hugs,
Hermione