Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Meet Patrick, the interactive bum

Last Friday evening as I was driving home I was listening to As It Happens, a current events program on CBC Radio 1. The host was interviewing a U. S. professor who had developed an interactive butt.

My ears perked up at that, and I immediately thought of its use in spanking research. Could it be? But no, the purpose was strictly utilitarian. The interactive bottom, named Patrick, was invented to help teach medical students to perform prostate exams.

"The simulator itself is a piece of plastic and around the anus area is a foam, rubbery material. It's anatomically correct, and inside, they have placed a prostate so that they can actually feel what a prostate would feel like."

So there are no firm, rounded buttocks on Patrick. Pity. But the simulator does have another purpose. Before the actual physical examination, students start using the simulator to work on their beside manner.

"Students have to talk to Patrick for about five to eight minutes," the University of Florida professor said. "They work on their social skills. They try to obtain a patient history, but also have to work through anxiety that Patrick's having."

Still, there might be an application for spanking after all. Potential spankers could try to convince Patrick that he really needs a good spanking.

Here's a short clip about the interactive bum.



Patrick's physique leaves something to be desired from an aesthetic point of view. It would be so much nicer if the butt looked spankable. Oh, wait, the Japanese have already invented that. It's Shiri.



From Hermione's Heart

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hermione, I have linked your blog.. it is fun to read, to watch the vids and think about it.

love
ara

Baxter said...

This is funny, but I have been having the annual prostate exam for many years now. the first time was with a doctor who was not cut out to be a doctor. There I was slightly bent over the examination table with my pants down and not knowing what to expect, but knowing this check had to be done. This doctor put some lube in my anus and then told me 'sorry, but I have to get a little personal with you' and proceeded to stick his finger in, move it around, and then pulling it out. He then said your prostate is fine. WHEW. My medical plan changed and I got a new doctor who just matter of factly quickly does the exam within a minute and then I am good for another year. Like the video says, someone has to do the checking of stuff around the butt and it probably after a while gets to be just another day at the office.
Baxter

Cat said...

LOL Hermione...I can understand the purpose behind Patrick but haven't got a clue as to what the purpose is behind Shiri other than... ;)

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Roz said...

LoL Hermoine, I'm with Cat. Love that the students also practice their social skills on Patrick.

Hugs
Roz

ronnie said...

LOL Hermione. Interesting videos. Thanks.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

ara - I'm glad you liked them.

Baxter - It doesn't sound as bad as the exam we women have to endure, but not pleasant, I'm sure.

Cat - Exactly!

Roz - That was an interesting second purpose.

Ronnie - It was my pleasure.

Hugs,
Hermione

Unknown said...

My first prostate exam was done my a new-to-me female doctor. Looking back on it, she did a much better job than many of the doctors since.

I've read a fair number of erotica books that have a plot involving training women to better pleasure men (and women). A common feature is artificial penises, sometimes hooked up to computers to score the blow-jobs. Some talk about the "male g spot" to be found by searching for the prostate.

Patrick is yet another example of science following where fiction leads.