Sunday, December 3, 2017

Spanko Brunch 2.0 #204

Welcome back, dear friends, to the first spanko brunch of December. Earlier this week my dear husband asked me if I had checked my email recently, because he had sent me a Youtube video of one of the late-night television talk shows we both enjoy. When I said I hadn't, he said, "Go ahead, you'll like it. There's spanking." Well, that surprised me, because this particular talk-show host usually discusses politics, and I wondered how spanking tied in with that. As it happens, I never got to see the clip because it had been removed from Youtube, and I wonder why.  But the experience inspired today's topic.

What is your current reaction when you see a spanking or hear spanking mentioned in a vanilla television or radio program, movie or video? How does it compare to your earlier reaction when you may have thought you were the only one with an interest in spanking? Has it changed now that you know that many others share your enthusiasm?

Please leave your response as a comment, and once everyone has had a chance to contribute, I will publish an edited summary of our discussion.
From Hermione's Heart

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

When I am surprised by a spanking reference in the mainstream media, I typically go through three phases. First, I am pleased and thrilled that the world is taking note of our favorite kink.

Next, as soon as it's over, I begin to critique the portrayal of our pastime and our community. Do they depict sane characters experiencing realistic spankings and acting in a mutually respectful manner? (Hint: No, they don't).

Finally, I settle into a realistic recognition. It's not nearly as bad as some. Maybe additional exposure will open the door to future productions that are more accepting and honest. I know it will happen eventually and when it does, the delight I feel at first recognition will be fully justified.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy, try not to let on that I do. Some that I've seen are done really good, even to the point I tape them when seen in reruns and watch over and over.

WendelJones said...

The majority look so fake that I do not find them interesting. Considering what is in the shows today I would have expected to see better spankings. John Wayne spanking Maureen O’Hara in McLintok is still my favorite today. I could watch that over and over.

Fondles said...

i don't think i ever HAD a reaction in the days before kink. I was drawn to D/s and Ttwd more than to spanking so that wasn't on my radar. but now when i see it in mainstream tv or hear it on radio or whenever someone so much as MENTIONS it my nerve endings go all tingly and i'm super careful about not letting on that I'm an enthusiast.

Our Bottoms Burn said...

Our current reaction is ho-hum. Nothing like our reaction when we were young. We think mainstream is better than most spanking clips which are so lame.

Anonymous said...

I react more if the female is doing the spanking, this is rare in movies. Since males are the one spanking, it just depends on how it is presented. So must be thankful to your blog.

Aimless Rambling said...

Everything old is new again. Due to my age, I've seen it before and it is only coming back around. Doesn't quite titillate me as much as before.

Anonymous said...

I definitely perk up when the topic comes up. Mostly I am more interested in women doing the spanking. I did enjoy the Weeds episode when the Mexican gangster spanked the lady and she inspected her bottom with a sense of eroticism. I am not a fan of John Wayne so the McClintock spanking does little even though the woman looks great in her vintage lingerie.

I'm old enough to fantasize about Gilligan's Island - Mary Ann spanking Ginger for flirting with Gilligan, then spanking Gilligan and Ginger watches.

-Rosco