Friday, April 11, 2008

A Contest


Look what I found while I was wandering through my favourite spanking toy thrift shop. It's just begging to be used on a bared bottom.
I don't know what's written on this lovely shoehorn, but I assume it has something to do with administering discipline. Maybe a warning about the consequences of bad behaviour?
I invite you all to suggest what you think it says. (Click on the image to make it bigger.) I'll submit the results to my panel of spanko experts, and let them vote on the best interpretation.
The winner will give or receive - depending on personal preference - ten whacks with this beautiful implement.
As an additional challenge, if you can identify the language, you'll win two swats.
If you can supply a translation of what it actually says, you'll get (or give) five of the best.
The results will be posted early next week. Good luck, everyone!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's Danish, which I don't really speak, or read but it looks familiar!

I am working on a translation.

Michael said...

Hermione, I think it is Dutch and says 'Not only for use with shoes but on naughty bottoms.' Well, maybe that's what I want it to say. I bet you're dying to try it out, and I don't mean to slip on your shoes. FYI, I am always a giver. ;)

Michael

Greenwoman said...

If it isn't Danish, then it is German, but its definitely from the Germanic language group and I think your contest is a great idea. *smiles* It will be fun to see how it turns out!

Karl Friedrich Gauss said...

I'll vote for Norwegian as the language. And the translation: "For those who need a little spanking with their shoes."

Dr. Ken said...

"If the shoe don't fit, you must acquit"

Dr. Ken

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

It is Dutch, but old fashioned Dutch. The authorities in the Netherlands re wrote the dictionary after World War 2, to try and stop the slow merging of Dutch and German, that was happening before the war. Translation engines will not work on this.

As a very rough translation it says -
Best used for shoe pulling, sometimes for the father.

It looks like one of those old sayings, where you need to find someone who can explain the history behind the saying to understand it properly.

Prefectdt

Paul said...

Hermione, I would say Danish.
It says " don't hit your pa more than five times". Chuckle!!!
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

A very great contest idea, Hermione. I won't even try to guess what it says or what language it is since I am not familiar with any other language besides some Spanish! LOL!

Dr. Ken, that is so funny coming from someone as old....er young as you! *WEG*

Anonymous said...

no idea what it says, but the language is germanic. it's not german, so i'm guessing dutch.

Bonnie said...

Hermione,

Google is a wonderful tool. I had guessed Dutch or German, but this proverb is in fact Danish. It means "Everyone is full of his own opinion."

http://books.google.com/books?id=z-3FyaMKtfUC&pg=PA796&lpg=PA796&dq=skoen+trykker&source=web&ots=xWlaOj5NFG&sig=WRy6DI3s7degZzz_Vnw601WFlfU&hl=en#PPA796,M1

As we all know, ill-conceived opinions can sometimes get one into quite a painful predicament.

Thanks for a fun contest!

Hugs,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, isn't that cheating going on Google? LOL! If it is considered cheating then you should get a spanking!