Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Overheard at the Office

Recidavist recently wrote about aliens in our midst. Here are a few snippets of titillating conversation that I encountered at work. The third one definitely leads me to believe I am closer to other spankos than I thought.
A few of us were lamenting the outdated training videos in our library, especially the one that featured a presenter wearing bell bottom trousers and a wide leather belt.
"Wide belts are coming back in style," said a woman with a fashion-conscious teenage son.
"Yes, they're very popular," I said, suppressing a giggle and trying hard not to hyperventilate.

An office mate was telling me about her daughter, who had come home for Spring break.
"She turns on the computer every morning, goes to a website, and writes about what she is wearing, how much gas costs, and who she went out with the night before."
"It sounds like she has a blog," I explained. "I read blogs. Some of them are pretty interesting."

If she only knew!

The husband of a very pregnant co-worker arrived to accompany his wife to an appointment at the clinic. On their way out they stopped to chat with the man in the cubicle next to hers. This fellow is a good friend of both of them, and he gave the father-to-be this advice about the miracle of birth:
"What you do is turn her over, spank her, and the baby pops out".
"The young woman replied, "That's what got me in this condition."

6 comments:

Paul said...

Hermione, those of us who are dyed in the wool spanko's get to hear a lot of comments like that.
Though I agree the last quote sounds like it has to have been erotic spanking.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

I also like the third one, Hermione. It would sound like it was an erotic one. LOL! Thanks for sharing these!

Hermione said...

Paul - Some days it seems like almost everything is a spanko comment, but it's all in the perception.

Pest - I plan on keeping a close but subtle watch on the two involved in that conversation.

Hugs,
Hermione

Michael said...

Very good, I enjoyed your observations. Yes, Hermione, a lot has to do with perception. On April 1 I wrote on Dev's blog of projecting my spanko self onto a benign situation. You may enjoy it.

Michael

Hermione said...

Michael - I did enjoy reading your take on an otherwise perfectly innocent situation, and although I didn't comment at the time, I've left one there for you now. It's so much fun to speculate!

Hugs,
Hermione

Michael said...

Yes, Hermione, it is fun to speculate, but once in a while those speculations are true I bet.

Michael