Sunday, November 29, 2009

Naughty Blogger

I realized that my blog had some technical difficulties when I tried to respond to comments on yesterday's post.

"Page Not Found" was the response I got from Blogger. Nobody could leave comments on any of my posts, including me. A quick search on Blogger Help told me that other folks are also having comment problems.

I solved my dilemma by changing the way comments are displayed, from a popup window to a full page. That cured the problem, and you may now feel free to leave comments if you are so inclined.

(For any of you who are also experiencing problems, the change I made was made by going to Dashboard, Settings, Comments tab, then choosing Full Page for Comments Form Placement.)




From Hermione's Heart

9 comments:

ronnie said...

Thanks Hermione. I wonder if that's why I'm having problems leaving comments on other blogs.

I couldn't leave a comment on yours earlier this morning.

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Hi Ronnie,

Glad you were finally able to comment. Blogger is scary sometimes. I had a pretty stressful quarter hour before I remedied the situation.

Taat may be why you have had problems. I seem to remember someone mentioning it once before - Tiggs, I think.

Hugs,
Hermione

Meow said...

I've had people swear they hit the publish button only once and it send three comments. What's that? I'll check out my settings as you suggest. Meow

Anonymous said...

At first I thought you were referring to yourself as a "naughty blogger" but I realized that couldn't possibly be true because you are never ever naughty.

A.S.S. said...

Good news... thought it was just our computer having issues.

:)
~Todd and Suzy

The Headmaster said...

I'm afraid I can make no such excuses about my own tardiness in commenting or, indeed, blogging. If I were one of my girls I'd be in for a spanking...

Hermione said...

Meow - I've often seen that happen.

Burl - Who me? Never!

Todd and Suzy - Nope, just Blogger up to its old tricks again.

Headmaster - I'm sure you have plenty of students who would volunteer for that assignment.

Hugs,
Hermione

Daisychain said...

Thanks for sorting it, Hermione.... I did leave a message on Bonnies site telling her I couldnt comment on yours... I hoped you would read it and know...
Yes, Tiggs did explain to people some time ago how to sort this particular problem. Hugs, xxxxxxx

Hermione said...

Daisy - I saw that message a while ago, and at that time I couldn't see that there was a problem. Perhaps it was intermittent. Hope it's fixed now.

Hugs,
Hermione