Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ending with a Bang





















For the holidays I have been concocting some interesting beverages in the traditional colours of the season. I'll admit that the intriguing shape of the bottles had something to do with my choice of flavours, but the green sour apple and red cranberry are both delicious. A little of either poured into a glass filled with seltzer or diet tonic water, ice and a dash of bitters, makes a zesty, low-calorie, non-alcoholic drink that's tasty but not sweet.

Diet tonic water is very hard to come by in small quantities, so when I buy a big two-litre bottle, I decant it into two smaller bottles that will fit into the tiny fridge in the family room. Last night I was doing just that. Did you know that tonic water at room temperature behaves much like champagne when the top is removed? I was doing my best to be careful, but some spillage was inevitable. I topped up the smaller bottles, capped them and put them away, and then Ron arrived.

"You spilled," he observed.

"Yes, just a little."

"Clean it up," he ordered sternly. It was only a little liquid, but I got a paper towel and swiped it over the bar. When I was finished Ron picked up the empty plastic bottle and held it by the top, brandishing it at me. I turned around, bent over and put my hands on my knees. Whack! Whack! I got a half-dozen swats on my bottom with the bottle. I felt the sting through my clothing.

"That makes a pretty good whacker," Ron commented. (He rates implements according to how much noise they make.) He kept the bottle in his hand and took it upstairs - whether he was taking it to the kitchen recycler or the bedroom toy box, I couldn't tell.

I'll find out soon, since it seems we are still celebrating the twelve days of Christmas.






From Hermione's Heart

8 comments:

B. Iddy said...

If Ron rates toys based on the amount of noise they make, how do you rank them? I tend to rate mine based on the marks they leave.

Fabsterrant said...

I wonder if Ron will attach the bottle cap to a handle for better aim,lol. You both always interact like a forever honeymoon. And the importance of tan line viewing is that hurry upping the spanks is vital to staying ahead of more sunburn. Shucks I'm late and missed that one but enjoyed the postings for it. Gosh, what a dedicated bunch.

Hermione said...

Biddable - I rank them by how much they hurt. I like the middle of the road ones, that don't hurt too much or too little.

Fab - It's not too late; you can still write a fantasy ending.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Hehe, you two are so cute. And the drinks sound really good! Very creative :D

<3
Maggie

ronnie said...

Your concoctions sound delicious Hermione, I love cranberry.

Just what I would have done, bent over hoping P would follow through and and good for Ron, he did just that :)

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Maggie - We do our best!

Ronnie - I didn't stop to think about it, and I guess Ron didn't either.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

personally, a single malt scotch would be better, plus it only takes a second to bare your bottom when you bend over, so don't miss the opportunity.
cheers
Red

Hermione said...

Red - I'll keep that in mind.