Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm on Etsy

The other day I was Googling my blog's name to see what would come up. To my surprise, I found a link for Hermione's Heart that took me to this photo on Etsy.

Hermione's Heart
hermiones heart

For those of you who haven't been there, Etsy is a website where you can buy and sell craft supplies, handmade items and vintage apparel and collectibles.

It's called a "tincantation", a tin can that has been painted and decorated "with a vintage clip art of a young woman in thought." It can be used to hold pens and pencils, artificial flowers or candy, and would make a nice gift container with tissue paper stuffed into the top.

The picture doesn't resemble me, my alter ego Hermione Granger, or Emma Watson, the actress who played Hermione in the Harry Potter movies, so why did the artist choose that particular name? Perhaps he or she is a reader here. I wonder...


From Hermione's Heart

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hermione,

The artist could be a reader, your blog is very popular. A blogger has a stote an Etsy. Conina sells very nice floggers that she hand crafts herself.

Hug,
joey

sixofthebest said...

Hermione's Heart, is like Olympic Gold. Pure and Spankably good. You're a winner. Be it past, present or future.

Dee said...

I've never heard of Etsy. But I love the idea. Love that tin can, very different and original. Going to go have a look see and may peruse a flogger or two :)

Dee x

Anonymous said...

Hermione: Painting of a PRIM and PROPER woman.... certainly does not fit the image of the woman we know and love that blogs here.
bottoms up
Red

BB said...

Etsy rocks! I've had a store there since 2008, but it wasn't me. ;)

"The Earth without art is Eh."

Emen said...

Perhaps it's a reader. But "Hermione's Heart" is so evocative. When I first found you I thought "what will this be?" And it was your heart. What you read, what you wonder, what you look at, what you laugh at, what Fails!

Very well done, what you do.

Hermione said...

Joey - If it is a reader, I hope she introduces herself here.

Six - What a lovely thing to say. I'm touched.

Dee - I just might do the same:)

Red - In no way am I prim and proper like her, although vanilla acquaintances may think so.

Doe - Really? It's been around that long? There are some really cool things there.

Emen - That's exactly what I wanted the title to portray. Thank you so much for letting me know I succeeded.

Hugs,
Hermione

ronnie said...

Wouldn't it be good if the artist was a reader. It would make a lovely gift. I've never heard of Etsy so thanks for the link Hermione.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Ronnie - I'm hoping she will introduce herself here. Don't be shy!

Hugs,
Hermione

ricky said...

That's a great idea!
(No joking.)
Talk about taking Art to the people!
Imagine having your favourite art
right in front of you, to inspire
you, whenever you need it.
Thank you for sharing, Hermione.
ricky

Anonymous said...

I love Etsy. I've order over 100 items this past year.
I saw a necklace called "Hermione and Ron Harry Potter Book Necklace." It's heart shaped and looks as if a page out of a Harry Potter book was cut out and has the names Hermione and Ron on it.
One day when I was on Etsy, I put spanking into their search engine. I was surprised how much stuff came up. You have to check out the latex spanking skirt. One shop has paddles made out of corian. I wonder if it feels cold.

Kiki

Hermione said...

Ricky - It would be a great inspiration to me.

Kiki - I'm on my way to do a similar search. Thanks for the tip.

Hugs,
Hermione